As an expanding firm of costs professionals we are always on the lookout for interesting, professional and quality personnel to join us.
Trainee Costs Draftsman Vacancy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young and ambitious firm, where you will be trained in full to progress to become an all-round Costs Draftsman, working on a mixed caseload to include fast track and multi-track instructions covering a wide range of cases from various different sectors of the legal field.
1. To profitably assist with the drafting and negotiation of a caseload of claimant cost claims.
2. To ensure that all work carried out within the costs team is of the highest standard.
3. To build and maintain working relationships with clients and colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Drafting, negotiating and management of a caseload of Personal Injury files.
2. Ensure the work flow and processes are strictly adhered to.
3. Work within Tristar Costs standard service levels and/or those applicable to particular accounts.
4. Manage files to make sure that all time spent is accurately recorded.
5. Ensure the case management system is used properly and effectively in accordance with agreed procedures (Best Practice Guide).
6. Monitor and manage own compliance with targets in respect of income and drafting.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and telephone).
2. Excellent IT skills you will be using Word, Excel as well as a case management system (Proclaim) and bill drafting system (Costs Master).
3. Self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritise to meet tight deadlines and achieve key performance indicators.
4. Good organisational skills.
5. Good time keeping.
6. Strong attention to detail.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter stating why a long term career in Legal Costs is of interest to you. Please make applications to Kate Weeks HR Manager- email@example.com Trainee Costs Draftsman.
Closing date for applicants is 18th March but as we have more than one position available, we MAY interview strong candidates before then.
Salary – £14,000